Best Red for Stamping

Monday, February 11, 2013


I sprang my knee this weekend, so I had a lot of sitting time.  I decided to go through my red polishes to figure out the best red for stamping.  Sounds easy, but with so many reds it took longer than I thought. I was more interested in red over black because most reds stamp pretty good over white.




I was really disappointed with Konad Red, but not surprised because I've tried to stamp over black in the past.  The Nabi Red Wine magnetic wasn't bad but was a mess to clean up.

A couple of close-up swatches.




I put my favorites on the nail wheel and added Konad Red for comparison. I was very impressed with the old school SH Chrome but it comes across more pink than red over black. The best from my collection would have to be Sally Hansen Racin' Red followed by Jessica Cinderella Red and then Nanacoco Jazz Lovers.

And here's another view of today's mani. I used Sally Hansen Racin' Red over Finger Paints Black Expressionism with the Bunny Nails image plate.  I also tried nail glequins for the first time made famous by The Nailasaurus.

I hope this was helpful to those who love to stamp. Thanks for stopping by :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment