China Glaze On The Horizon Feather Collection Fall 2013 - Swatches and Review

Friday, July 26, 2013


Hey lovelies! Today I have swatches of the new China Glaze On The Horizon Collection to share with you. I thought these would be really cute for the Fall so I scooped them up. There are 6 feathers (mini bar glitters) in the collection of various colors. Most of them have Fall inspiration with hints of orange and black and would be great for the Halloween season.

I swatched them over black and white. My first 2 nails have a black base, and my last 2 have a white base.
 

To see these colors in action, check out the video. Continue for swatches and a full review.



Flying South - Orange and soft white bar glitter with tiny shiny orange micro glitter. Two thick coats. 

Flock Together - Baby blue, black and a hint of lime green bar glitter. Two coats. 

Party Fowl -  Baby blue, orange and black mini bar glitter. I just love the color combination, which looks great over white and black. I used 2 thick coats. 

Light As A Feather - Off white, orange and black bar glitter. I really like how this one pops over black but I had to use more coats. The formula appeared to be thinner than the others. I used 3 coats to complete the look.

All A Flutter - Baby blue, orange and white bar glitter. So pretty, my favorite of the collection. I used 2 coats here.

You're a Hoot - Lime/yellow, orange and black bar glitter 2 coater. 

Swatches over nail wheels and different colors.

Black Base



White Base

Various Colors

Application was easy but can be a bit tricky. You have to let the first layer of feathers dry before applying the second layer, or the polish will just run down the sides of your nail. I think they made the formula on the thinner side to allow it to thicken over time. My second time using the polish seemed a lot easier than the first. Light As A Feather was my thinnest bottle and I had to apply 3 coats.

I like the color choices China Glaze made for the feathers but I wish there was a little more variety. You're A Hoot, Light As A Feather and Flying South are all very similar. You're a hoot has more lime-yellow bar glitter versus Light As A Feather's white but they are all in the same family.  My favorite of the 3 are Light as a Feather. It just looks amazing over black. My other favorites are Party Fowl and All A Flutter. I'm just a sucker for pastels, even in the Fall.  Light As A Feather looks amazing over brown, I guess the great thing about the feathers is that you can create a different look by changing the base color. Overall I think these are fun for instant nail art. From a distance it's hard to tell exactly what's happening on your nails, you just know it's something interesting.

The On The Horizon Collection will officially release in August 2013. I purchased my set from Ebay. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment